Thursday, November 26, 2009

Always time for Charity!

No Black Tie recently organized a Charity event, for the kids from Shambala, Tibet. The event was called Stand-Up for Shambala Kidz, performers for the night included a stand up list of the ever so talented Harith Iskandar, funny to the bone, Andrew Netto, tapping her feet away Jojo Struys and many more.

This event/ auction was for the aim to raise as much money as possible for the kids in Shambala, entry to the event was priced at RM 200 a ticket, and I was surprised to see a full house that night! Certainly goes to show we’re a charitable bunch! Like they say charity begins from home and I was glad to see that we can reach out to a place in Tibet and be of any assistance at all. Touching I say, really touching.

Dennis was asked to perform that night with Ash Nair, yes the man with the ever adorable boyish charm, and Yuri Wong, who just blows my mind away every time he performs! Yuri is pure brilliant! I know I’m deviating, but without Dennis, there wouldn’t have been a way for me to meet such incredible people like Yuri or Ash, or the tons of other people I’ve met, so shout out to you my bossy! For giving me this opportunity to broaden my horizons!

Now back to the topic at hand, the three of them were going to perform together, and the sneaky fella that my boss is, didn’t tell me what songs or what they were going to perform that night, all he said was I’m performing at No Black Tie, so in I go and when it’s their performance time, my my my, I was blown away with the songs they performed that night! The three of them was simply outstanding, covering renditions of The Jackson’s 5- I want you back and Britney’s Baby One More Time!

The beats of Yuri on the guitar followed by the dynamic vocals of Ash coupled with the tunes of Dennis really drove the crowd into applause frenzy! Very rarely do you have the chance of seeing the industries greats perform along side each other and mind you for complete charitable purposes!

I don’t know about the others, but this is certainly going down in my books as the best performance I have witnessed till date!
Trust me not? Perhaps the videos might influence your choice!


Best Regards,
Reema Bhullar
016-376 4847

No comments:

Post a Comment